This is dependant on your natural lash growth cycle. As natural eyelashes grow in and fall out in cycles (25-29days), we would recommend getting a touch-up 3 weeks after getting your eyelash extensions.
The application process is painless and relaxing that most clients fall asleep during the procedure. However, improper application by an unqualified eyelash technician can cause damage to your natural lashes. Our staff has a lot of experience in Japan and we use glue of maid in Japan in consideration of safety as much as possible.
This depends on the number of lashes. For Natural Lash (80 lashes), it will take around an hour while the Gorgeous Lash (unlimited lashes) will take around 1.5 hours.
Yes, but we do not recommend to apply mascara as it can shorten the life-span of your eyelash extensions. If you wish to apply mascara, we would recommend to use only water-based mascaras for easy removal.
No, we do not recommend using eyelash curlers as it will damage the eyelash extensions and possibly your own natural lashes.
- After putting on eyelash extensions
- Avoid touching your eyes for at least 6 hours.
- Avoid washing your face, taking a bath or sauna, or doing exercises that will cause a lot of perspiration.
- When washing your face
- Use a towel and tap your face dry gently after washing your face clean with a cleanser.
- Avoid using oil-based, cream-type or milk-type makeup removers/cleansers as they may contain ingredients that cause the glue to melt and the eyelash extension to fall off easily.
- Use of oil-free makeup removers is recommended to remove your makeup gently.
- Boost the vitality of your eyelashes
- Eyelash extensions can be worn for a longer time if the natural eyelashes you have are longer and thicker. We therefore recommend you to boost the vitality of your eyelashes with items such as eyelash serum.
- When you sleep
- Your eyelash extensions may come off or become distorted if you sleep facing downward or with your face pressed against the pillow, so some care is needed when you sleep.
- Try to face upward when you sleep as your eyelashes may also be flattened during your sleep, just like your hair.
- What do I do when the eyelash extensions become distorted?
- Eyelash extensions that you are wearing may come off or become distorted as time goes by.
- Take routine care of your extensions by combing or brushing your eyelashes gently to keep them neat and tidy.
- It is also recommended to visit the salon regularly for touch-ups.
- What can I do to make the eyelash extensions last longer?
- Refrain from touching the eyelash extensions as much as possible.
- Trim your fringe to a length that does not cover your eyes as long fringes that cover the eyes tend to cause friction with the eyelashes.
Our salon does not offer eyelash extension services to customers who are in the early stage of pregnancy (up to 12th week) until they have entered the stable period (13th week or later). Pregnant customers who are concerned may request to take a patch test in advance. During pregnancy, our body becomes very sensitive with our hormones going out of balance and changes taking place in our body constitution. For some, hyperaemia and allergic reactions may occur, while others may experience symptoms such as anaemia, palpitation and shortness of breath. Also, it may change the way food tastes and aggravate hair loss and skin problems.Even if you do not have a history of allergies, we cannot be certain what changes pregnancy will bring to our body.
While it is believed that the glue used for eyelash extension does not have any negative effect on the unborn child, expectant mothers who are sensitive to odour may feel unwell or nauseous during the process. In such cases, customers may want to give themselves some time and put off the session until their condition has stabilised.
Our salon does not offer eyelash extension services to customers who have undergone an eyelid surgery or LASIK in the past two months. This is because the incision and mucous membrane may still be sensitive after the procedure, and eyelash extensions may trigger hyperaemia or allergic reactions in this case. We also do not offer eyelash extension services to customers who have recently undergone some form of cosmetic surgery. As it may take some time for the incisions to heal after the surgery, attaching eyelash extensions before they heal completely may irritate the wound.
If you have undergone any of the above procedures, please consult a specialist doctor before visiting our salon for an appointment. As for customers who are going for an eyelid or LASIK surgery, we recommend that you remove your eyelash extensions completely before the procedure.
Our salon does not offer eyelash extension services to customers who have undergone a permanent eyeliner treatment in the past month. This is because our skin and mucous membrane become extremely sensitive after the permanent eyeliner treatment, and applying eyelash extensions may irritate the eye, thereby triggering hyperaemia.
For customers who are getting a permanent eyeliner treatment, we recommend that you remove your eyelash extensions completely before doing so.
Yes, it is possible to go for a facial treatment without removing the eyelash extensions. However, please refrain from going for facial sessions at least two days after the eyelash application to allow the glue to cure.
Before going for a facial treatment, you will also need to take note that the adhesiveness of the glue used for eyelash extensions may be weakened by oil, friction due to rubbing or moisture from the steamer. These factors may cause your eyelash extensions to fall off more easily.If you are getting a facial treatment, please ask the beauty therapist to avoid touching the eyelash extensions.
For safety reasons, we are unable to provide touch-up for eyelash extensions that are applied at another salon. This is to avoid possible hygiene-related problems such as mixing the different types of glue and materials used at other salons with those used at our salon.
At Graceous, we will need to remove all eyelash extensions applied at other salons before we work on your lashes. Please inform us if you currently have any eyelash extensions attached when you book your appointment with us.
An additional charge of $30 is needed to remove existing eyelash extensions.
While it is possible to attach eyelash extensions to permed eyelashes, we do not recommend doing so. The angle of the curl created by eyelash perm is different from the angle of eyelash extensions, which means the area of contact is smaller between your eyelash and the eyelash extension. Because of the poor contact, you may feel uncomfortable when wearing eyelash extensions on your permed eyelashes.
While your eyelashes may curl perfectly immediately after perming, each eyelash grows at a different speed so the length of the permed eyelashes will become uneven after about a month. Attaching extensions to eyelashes with uneven lengths will cause them to get tangled easily.We therefore recommend that you put on eyelash extensions after the length of your permed eyelashes has become less uneven.